AKS will deliver your skip or skips to the specified location and collect the skip and dispose of the waste materials at your request, provided the contents deposited in the skip comply with the specified list of acceptable and unacceptable waste materials found in the Skip Guidelines section of our website.
The skip will be retained at the specified location for the duration of the hire period.
You will be responsible for requesting any permits that may be required for the placement of the skip on a public highway (path, verge or road).
The skip may be retained by you at the specified location for the duration of the hire period in consideration of the payment of the hire charge specified in the invoice.
If you wish to extend the hire period this must be agreed with AKS and the hire rental per week specified in the invoice will become payable.
AKS will invoice you monthly in arrears for the previous month’s hire period.
Payment of the hire charge will be payable on delivery or before (at our discretion) of the skip to the specified location.
Payment of the hire charge is payable within 7 days of receipt of the invoice.
AKS reserve the right to charge interest at 5% above the base rate of Barclays Bank Plc. The aforementioned interest will be applied from time to time on all and any monies owing to us that remain overdue and unpaid for more than 7 days until payment is received.
The skip is to be utilised by you only and only for the storage of materials marked on the invoice.
You agree to place no materials that are prohibited by law in the skip including asbestos, batteries, fridges, freezers, oil, paint and tyres. The disposal of the aforementioned materials is a criminal offence, if they are placed in the skip we will require you to remove them at your own expense and we reserve the right to remove the skip forthwith.
You will be solely responsible for the skip and will indemnify AKS against all loss or damage caused to or by the skip from any issue that arises whilst the skip is situated at the specified location.
AKS reserve the right to charge you for any required repairs if the skip incurs any damage as a result of any fault, misuse or carelessness on your part.
You will agree to indemnify AKS in the instance of any breach of these conditions.
You will be solely responsible for the safety of all persons using the skip and ensure the skip is used in full compliance with health and safety. You will agree to ensure only competent persons will use the skip for the storage of materials marked on the invoice.
Under no circumstances will you utilise the skip for fires or set any waste materials stored in the skip alight.
Should you identify any defects in the skip you will notify AKS in order for us to collect the skip and deliver a usable replacement.
This agreement and the hiring constituted by it shall at the opinion of AKS be determined whereupon we will be entitled to immediately repossess the skip:
- If you are in default of payment under the terms of this agreement for a period of 7 days or more and if a cheque issued by you is dishonoured.
- If you are in breach of any provisions of this agreement other than those relating to money.
- If an application for an interim order or a petition of a bankruptcy order within the meaning of the insolvency act 1986 is made against you, or you allow levy of distress or execution upon your goods.
- If you enter into any arrangement with creditors or go into liquidation (except voluntary liquidation for the purpose of amalgamation or reconstruction on terms previously approved by us in writing)
- A receiver or administrator is appointed in respect of any or all of your assets or a meeting whether formal or informal is called by any or all of your creditors.
All hire charges are subject to VAT at the rate applying from time to time.